List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Newbie starting up
From:       Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson () s3 ! kth ! se>
Date:       2004-05-28 9:33:33

It turns out that there is a very simple solution to the
problems with double-clicking on files with spaces in the
directory path. Just open the file C:\cygwin\bin\lily-wins
in a text editor, add double quotes around $1:

#!/bin/sh
python /bin/lily-wins.py "$1"

Save the file and everything should work.

    /Mats

Hendrik wrote:
> Thank you, it works now, I had to move test.ly into the cygwin
> home-directory though. Would be nice if I can just double-click it.
>
> Second: I already have a running TeX-system, MiKTeX, (I'm using W2k), but
> Cygwin installed TeTeX too, which I find a bit superfluous.  Can I tell
> Lilypond to use the MiKTeX installation, and uninstall TeTeX?
>
> Third: for LaTeX, I use TeXnicCenter.  I it possible to configure it so that
> I can type Lilypond files in it, and compile (I see a possibility with
> output profiles, but then lily-wins should work in the windows command
> prompt too, which it doesn't seem to do).  Any suggestions?
>
> Greetings, Hendrik
>
> P.S.: Responses welcome in english, dutch, french, german
>

> Bertalan Fodor wrote:
>
>>>Open a command prompt where the test.ly file is. Type: start /B
>>>test.ly Now you will be able to copy and paste the messages.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Bert

	Mats Bengtsson
	Signal Processing