List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Verses with Different Rhythms
From:       Aaron <aamehl () bezeqint ! net>
Date:       2004-04-23 12:41:20

Hmn, sorry to butt in,
but with folk music very often the tune stays the same but each verse
has slightly different rhythm.

In finale we use parenthetical notes or a second voice on the same staff
to represent the change of rhythm. That said we checked a number of song
books and found that almost all the time only the first verse is notated
and the rest of the words are put under each song.

Is there any rule for this?

Aaron