List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Divisi and Unison
From:       Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson () s3 ! kth ! se>
Date:       2003-11-27 18:26:35

> \paper {    papersize = "letter"
>           indent = 0.0\in }
>
> \score {
> 	\new GrandStaff { \notes {
> 			d'4 d' d' d' |
> 			d' d' d' d' |
> 			d' d' d' d' | \break
> 			<<
> 			  { e'4 e' e' e' }
> 			  \new Staff { c'4 c' c' c' }
> 			>>
> 			d'4 d' d' d' }
> 		}
>

> This is how I have seen it done, with the brace.  One
> last nitpick, perhaps a bug.  When I run lilypond on
> this, the last barline of the first line is not at the
> end of the line.  I don't think I am doing any thing
> to cause this.  If anyone knows anything, please help.
>  Thanks again.

It seems that this space corresponds to the space used for
the time signature in the new Staff. One crude solution is
to turn off the time signature in the new stave:
<<
   { ...}
   \new Staff { \property Staff.TimeSignature = \turnOff c'4 c' c' c' }

I would use \relative mode in this example to reduce the number of
quote signs.

   /Mats