List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: using lilypond tab for French lute tab
From:       Rune Zedeler <rz () daimi ! au ! dk>
Date:       2003-05-25 15:54:46

Laura Conrad wrote:

>     Rune> No, it explicitly denies note-heads between the strings - that is not
>     Rune> the same :-)
>
> I think what it denies is that there can be a tab on the "space".

No it does not. In my previous mail (the one you replied to!) I posted
an example of how to put notes in the spaces. Just tell the engraver to
use 7 strings. With 6 lines of staff and 7 strings on the lute that
results in the strings being inbetween the lines.

> I'm not trying to change that; I just want to change the way a letter
> associated with a line is printed.  Which is what Jan's extra-offset
> suggestion accomplishes.

Yep, but that is an uggly hack. Further more this would also make it
impoissble to use the 7th string.

>     >> so you'll have to use LilyPond's \override mechanism with extra-offset.
>
>     Rune> No. :-)
>

> Why not?

Because, as I wrote before, there are cleaner ways to accomplish the same.

-Rune