List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: "no LilyPond output found for..."
From:       Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson () s3 ! kth ! se>
Date:       2003-02-27 8:53:16

First of all, I recommend to upgrade to the latest Lilypond version,
just rerun setup.exe (don't worry, it'll only upgrade the packages
that have been renewed since last time).

I think version 1.6.4 had a bug such that you had to add a
newline at the end of the file.

    /Mats

skeswani@arches.uga.edu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use LilyPond 1.6.4 with Win 2000 Pro (Service Pack 3)
> running on a P4.
>
> I am not able to get the test (mentioned at
> http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/windows/out-www/installing.html)
> to work. I type in "ly2dvi -p foo" and basically get "no LilyPond output
> found for 'foo'". Below is the entire text that is returned.
>
> ---------------------------
> Running LilyPond...
> GNU LilyPond 1.6.4
> Now processing: 'foo.ly'
> Parsing...
> warning: no LilyPond output found for 'foo'
> Running LaTex...
> Running dvtips...
> error: dvips: command exited with value 256
> Traceback(most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 1055, in ?
>   run_dvips (outbase, extra_init)
>  File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 786, in run_dvips
>   quiet_system (cmd, 'dvips')
>  File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 471, in quiet system
>   return system (cmd, ignore_error, quiet = 1)
>  File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 255, in system
>   error (msg)
>  File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 151, in error
>   sys.exit (2)
> SystemExit: 2
> ---------------------------
>
> I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this,
> particularly since I am not well aquainted with Cygwin. Thanks in
> advance. :)
>
> Shawn

	Mats Bengtsson
	Signal Processing