List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Offset in line numbers when report errors (lilypond 1.7.13) ?
From:       Graham Percival <gperlist () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2003-02-25 16:54:13

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:38:23 +0100
Alexandre Beneteau <alexandre.beneteau@free.fr> wrote:
> Thanks for the explanations, and excuse me if my non-knowledge of
> programming took me in this mistake and make me pollut the
> mailing-list...

No, I think it's a real bug.

Consider this:

\score{\notes{
c4 c c c c | c c c c c | c c
}}

We should get "bar check error in line 1", right?
-----
/home/gperciva/tmp/foo.ly:0:12: warning: barcheck failed at: 1/4:
c4 c c c c |
             c c c c c | c c

/home/gperciva/tmp/foo.ly:0:24: warning: barcheck failed at: 1/4:
c4 c c c c | c c c c c |
                         c c
[3]
Preprocessing elements...
Calculating column positions... [3][4]
paper output to `foo.tex'...
-----

I haven't checked, but couldn't this error also mess up the "point and
click" stuff?

Cheers,
- Graham