List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: \key
From:       Paul Scott <pslist () ultrasw ! com>
Date:       2002-09-29 21:15:32

Laura Conrad wrote:

>    >>> p.s. I am getting two copies of everything from this thread.  The
>    >>> first one of each pair lacks the last three identification lines.
>    >>>

>    >> You shoud set your Mail-Followup-To: header.
>    >>
>    Paul> Are you referring some particular software.  I use Mozilla mail-news
>    Paul> and don't know what that option means.  Why would this only be
>    Paul> happening in this thread?
>
>Because in this list, the default behavior is to reply to the poster,

You are clearly talkling about human behavior not software behavior.  I
am subscribed to several Debian lists where Reply doesn't go to the list
as it does with the other lists I am subscribed to.  For the Debian
lists I change the addressee to the list address after I hit Reply as I
am doing with lilypond-user.  On the Debian lists a non-subscribed user
will specifically request a personal reply.

Again, this must apply to certain e-mail software.  I am not of aware of
this option with Mozilla.

>But I just deal with getting both copies, myself.

I guess it's not so bad if the only duplicates I get are the ones sent
to me in this manner and not everything from the list.

Thanks,

Paul