List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: (no subject)
From:       Heikki Johannes Junes <hjunes () cc ! hut ! fi>
Date:       2001-08-22 22:02:59

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> mats.bengtsson@s3.kth.se writes:
> > To be honest, I've encountered exactly this problem
> > a few times with notes in separate Voice contexts
> > with the same direction and used the following
> > ugly solution
> >
> > <\context Voice=up {\voiceOne e8 f e f e2}
> >  \context Voice=lower {\stemUp c4*1/2 d c d c2}>
> >
> > which works since the lower note won't get any flag of
> > its own.
>
> why not merge explicitly?
>

> \score { \notes
> \relative c'' { c4
>  <\context Voice=up {\voiceOne e8 f e f e2}
>   \context Voice=lower {\voiceTwo  \context Voice = up c8  d c d c2}>
> }}
>

> --
> Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   hanwen@cs.uu.nl    | http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/

(I hope I didn't send accidentally an empty reply. Sorry about that.)

Merging explicitly works nicely (tried in 'example.ly').

Instead, I found an other bug in beaming with lilypond 1.5.6.

In 'example.ly' is shown that when switching between staffs, a flag is
missing from a note which has manual beaming. Below is an ASCII-example in
the case the problem do not show in other versions. Both notes should have
the same 1/8-duration.

- |
- |
-(/
-
-     |
      |\
-     | )
-     |
-    (/
-
-

      Heikki
--
      Heikki Junes
Addr. Jääkärinkatu 6A a10, FIN-00150 Helsinki

["example.ly" (TEXT/PLAIN)]

papersize = "a4"
\include "paper16.ly"

global = \notes {
  \key d \minor
  \time 3/4
}

sop = \notes\relative c''{
s2. s2.
g8 r8 r2
}

alt = \notes\relative c'{
s2. s2. s2.

}

ten = \notes\relative c{
s2. s2. s2.
}

bas = \notes\relative c''{
\stemUp
\translator Staff = treble
e8^#'(bold italic "I wanted to cut beaming,")
\translator Staff = bass d,,8 [c bes] c4

\translator Staff = treble
[e''8^#'(bold italic "but it didn't work the way I expected.")]
\translator Staff = bass d,,8 [c bes] c4

\translator Staff = treble
\context Voice = sop
e''8_#'(bold italic "Explicitly merging works.")

}

\score {
  \context PianoStaff <
   \showStaffSwitch