List:       lilypond-devel
Subject:    Re: Contributing
From:       Dan Eble <nine.fierce.ballads () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-04-30 1:18:09

On 2024-04-29 17:39, Steph Phillips wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'm an experienced Python developer with some additional background in
> C# and C++ and would be really excited to contribute to LilyPond.
>
> It's definitely hard to decide where to begin though, so I'm hoping you
> can point me at the starting line!

Welcome, Steph.  Please consider contributing to the review of these
merge requests that are currently in progress.

     "Various `musicxml2ly` issues"
     https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/2316

     "clean up and accelerate www_post script"
     https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/2312

If that doesn't lead you to something interesting, you will at
least get a sense of the current activity.
--
Dan