List:       lilypond-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC 2020: Unexpected "regressions"...
From:       Werner LEMBERG <wl () gnu ! org>
Date:       2020-08-30 3:31:35

> I meant re-committing my first commit with the fix, then rebasing
> the dev/lamb/GSoC-2020-final branch on top of it to keep my history
> pretty.

In general, this is the ideal solution, since it cleans up your
branch.  However, ...

> Would you rather I just made a new commit?

... if tweaking is too complicated inspite of the support given by
git, a simple add-on commit is just fine.  Note that the GSoC deadline
means a freeze to your branch; for ongoing work you should then copy
your branch to another one and use this for further work (patches,
rebasing, etc.)

    Werner