List:       lilypond-devel
Subject:    Re: formatted GNUmakefile
From:       Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke () gnu ! org>
Date:       2012-06-30 10:37:55

Werner LEMBERG writes:

> And here is a revised version which shortens even more overlong lines.

+1

> SUBDIRS = \
>   python scripts \

I'm a big fan of splitting lists into one entry per line; esp. if you
break at position 20 rather than 78.  We still have no sensible
word-based diff format; as long as diffs work per line, mutations
are much more obvious and readable that way.

> test-clean: test-snippets-clean
> 	$(MAKE) -C input/regression \
> 	        out=test \
> 	        clean

This would be debatable.  As it is only 50 characters wide, I would
probably put in on one line.  Otoh, it helps with the diff rule above.
Mostly a matter of taste.

Jan

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org