List:       lilypond-devel
Subject:    Re: GOP-PROP 2-1: LilyPond is part of GNU
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2012-06-20 10:22:26

On 2012-06-20 05:51, Graham Percival wrote:
>> >  "do not recommend any non-Free programs"
>> >
>> >  We have a list of non-free ones on the easier editing page - e.g.
>> >  Noteworthy and my converter.  However, it seems daft to me to remove
>> >  these.  I would think for the long list we could disclaim with
>> >  "we're not recommending these, but noting that they exist".
> Thanks, that seems reasonable.

Actually, to me there is a big difference between "recommending" a
program for use and listing alternatives that are compatible (which is
the case for the applications in question). I actually don't like the
phrasing, because I understand "we're not recommending these" as a nice
formulation of "We strongly discourage you from using these".

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, reinhold@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
  * Financial&  Actuarial Math., Vienna Univ. of Technology, Austria
  * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886