List:       lilypond-devel
Subject:    Re: GOP-PROP 3: C++ formatting (update)
From:       "Keith OHara" <k-ohara5a5a () oco ! net>
Date:       2011-06-30 7:04:11

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:05:51 -0700, Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen@byu.edu> wrote:

> Do you have the ability to easily test a change that doesn't pad a
> parenthesis if it's following the same character, ie. (( won't get an extra
> space?

It turns out to be very easy to modify astyle so as to skip the padding between (( \
and )[ . There was already a list of exceptions to avoid padding in cases like ); .

Presumably, other users depend on astyle working as it does with the current options. \
The maintainer recently surveyed users about which options they use.

We could use a regexp pre-filter to add space where gnu-style wants it, and use that \
as a model to support the request for a new option in astyle.