List:       lilypond-devel
Subject:    RE: Maquam Based Turkish Music (was: Sponsorhip of new note heads)
From:       <serkan.tas () turkcell ! com ! tr>
Date:       2007-02-28 6:49:20

Thank you very much, i will look after.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maximilian Albert [mailto:Anhalter42@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:44 PM
To: SERKAN TAS
Cc: lilypond-devel@gnu.org

serkan.tas@turkcell.com.tr schrieb:

==>
I want to know if it is possible to modify lilypond for Maquam Based Turkish Music, \
need to add new accidentals.  (If any one intereseted in i may try to explain the \
current theory and structure of turkish music and send samples) <==

As far as I can tell, there is already support for it in version 2.11.
Since I don't know anything about this system, I am not sure if every aspect is \
covered. But have a look at "makam.ly" in

 http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/input/test/collated-files

to see if it fits your needs. Note that the file contains a lot of definitions for \
all the notes with different kinds of alterations. This works fine as is, but I can \
imagine that it is even planned to incorporate these into lilypond itself so that in \
the future you don't need to include them in every file containing maquam music. I \
don't know, however.

Cheers
Max

Bu elektronik posta ve onunla iletilen bütün dosyalar sadece göndericisi \
tarafindan almasi amaclanan yetkili gercek ya da tüzel kisinin kullanimi icindir.  \
Eger söz konusu yetkili alici degilseniz bu elektronik postanin icerigini \
aciklamaniz, kopyalamaniz, yönlendirmeniz ve kullanmaniz kesinlikle yasaktir ve bu \
elektronik postayi derhal silmeniz gerekmektedir. TURKCELL bu mesajin icerdigi \
bilgilerin doğruluğu veya eksiksiz oldugu konusunda herhangi bir garanti \
vermemektedir.  Bu nedenle bu bilgilerin ne sekilde olursa olsun iceriginden, \
iletilmesinden, alinmasindan ve saklanmasindan sorumlu degildir. Bu mesajdaki \
görüsler yalnizca gönderen kisiye aittir ve TURKCELLin görüslerini \
yansitmayabilir Bu e-posta bilinen bütün bilgisayar virüslerine karsi taranmistir.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely \
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not \
the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, forwarding, \
copying or use of any of the information is strictly prohibited, and the e-mail \
should immediately be deleted. TURKCELL makes no warranty as to the accuracy or \
completeness of any information contained in this message and hereby excludes any \
liability of any kind for the information contained therein or for the information \
transmission, reception, storage or use of such in any way whatsoever.  The opinions \
expressed in this message belong to sender alone and may not necessarily reflect the \
opinions of TURKCELL. This e-mail has been scanned for all known computer viruses.