List:       lilypond-devel
Subject:    Re: doc build failure: something weird with fink libpng, netpbm, and make web
From:       Graham Percival <gpermus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-20 10:49:36

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Graham Percival escreveu:
>> I have no clue how pngtopbm managed to find a "version 4.0.0".  Does
>> anybody have any hints?
>
> LilyPond uses pnggtopnm for scaling down PNG images. Unfortunately, there
> is a version clash between libpng as shipped with lilypond and the one in
> fink.
>
> MY suggestion: create a ~/bin/pnmtopng, which does
>
>   export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH={insert normal DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH}
>   exec /sw/bin/pnmtopng "$@"

Thanks, this works!  I'm guessing that "DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib/" is
`normal'?  (I don't have any DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set by default)

For the archives, I had to add a "~/bin/pngtopnm" (with the appropriate
change) as well.

Trevor: your doc changes will be submitted first thing tomorrow morning.

Cheers,
- Graham