List:       lilypond-devel
Subject:    Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog input/typography-demo.ly l...
From:       Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson () ee ! kth ! se>
Date:       2006-02-27 15:48:19

Unfortunately it doesn't, and I don't know enough about the
implementation to realize how to make it work. Still, I think it's
an important issue, there have been a number of requests on the mailing
lists.

What I tried in vain was the following setting for InstrumentName
in scm/define-grobs.scm:

    (X-offset . ,(ly:make-simple-closure
              `(,+
            ,(ly:make-simple-closure (list
ly:side-position-interface::x-aligned-side))
            ,(ly:make-simple-closure (list
ly:self-alignment-interface::x-aligned-on-self)))))

which clearly does the same job twice.

    /Mats

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Mats Bengtsson wrote:
>
>> Related issue: May I submit a patch that sets an alignment callback
>> also in the X direction, as proposed in
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2005-06/msg00272.html
>>

> I've just rearranged the way instrument names are implemented. You'd
> have to check whether your approach still works.

	Mats Bengtsson
	Signal Processing
	Signals, Sensors and Systems
	Royal Institute of Technology