List:       lilypond-devel
Subject:    Re: lilypond ChangeLog VERSION
From:       Graham Percival <gperlist () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2005-06-30 20:56:49

On 30-Jun-05, at 3:22 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:
>> Is there an easy way to apply changes to both branches?  I imagine
>> that
>> the doc fixes for the next few weeks would apply to 2.6 as well as
>> 2.7.
>
> IMO the easiest most robust way is to edit the 2.6.0 -> 2.7.0 patch by
> hand, copying only the stable bits, and then apply that patch to the
> 2.6 branch.

It hadn't occurred to me that I could get a diff between the 2.7.x
version and the
2.6.x version, so now I'm not too worried.  I had previously thought
that every time
I committed something to 2.7 I'd have to commit it to 2.6 (or "lose"
those changes).  Now
that I realize I can do it once a week (or whatever) and review/apply
all previous changes,
it doesn't seem so bad.

Cheers,
- Graham