List:       lilypond-devel
Subject:    Re: Naturals on all notes
From:       "Stephen" <stecmccarthy () hotpop ! com>
Date:       2005-06-27 16:45:45

Not to be argumentative, but in UE repeated notes within a measure only have
the natural on the first note, so there still is a rule stating that not all
notes get a natural or accidental. I have Schoenberg Suite Fur Klavier op.
25.  I think the naturals are to remind us players who are used to tonal
music in keys that a b-flat in a measure does not imply an a-flat etc. The
rule that the absence of an accidental implies a natural still applies in
atonal music, however.

I might want to investigate further, since I brought it up, whether the
default C major key could be removed. And what kind of kaos that might
create.

Stephen