List:       lilypond-auto
Subject:    Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2909 in lilypond: search bar of the website looks up only the development
From:       lilypond () googlecode ! com
Date:       2013-12-29 2:02:34

Comment #3 on issue 2909 by k-ohara5...@oco.net: search bar of the website
looks up only the development pages

I do not follow the invalidity argument.

The search boxes at
      http://lilypond.org/website/index.html
  and http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/web/index.html
both search v2.17,
but the links to Manuals just left of those search boxes give
      http://lilypond.org/website/manuals.html (stable version manuals)
  and http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/web/manuals

Again we quickly reach the mismatch between stable version Manuals and
development version Search.

At the moment, searching the correct version is relatively important
because of all the recent syntax changes.  The old syntax usually works
(most changes were backward-compatible) so it is a bit safer to search the
older manual, if a mismatch cannot be avoided.

The search launched from the bottom of the web-page left-side navigation
column does specify the correct version, consistent with whichever manual
is being read.