List:       lids-user
Subject:    Re: [lids] Problems ;)
From:       Bosko Radivojevic <bole () bolex ! bolex ! co ! yu>
Date:       2000-11-29 5:10:01

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, steve wrote:

> 	I also use mysql.

I'm also using mysql on other servers, and I don't have problems there ;)
I have problems only on slackwares with glibc 2.1.3 (other server are also
slackwares, but 7.1 or older with glibc 2.1.2, mostly). It is not mysql
oriented. I have the same problem with root's jobs & crond.

> Check out www.clublinux.org/lids for my config.  I
> don't have any problems with it, but my mysql starts during bootup
> before the kernel is sealed.

I'm also starting mysql before the kernel is sealed. I solved problem by
su-ing to mysql user and running safe_mysqld: su mysql -c "../safe_mysqld" &

> I don't think anything in my config file will fix your problem, but
> you might try turning off LIDS_GLOBAL to start mysqld and then turn
> LIDS_GLOBAL back on and see if it will run smoothly once LIDS_GLOBAL
> is on.

I have no problems with starting mysql manually, with LIDS_GLOBAL disabled
nor enabled. The same thing is with root's jobs in crond. But, I cannot
tell that all processes called with root's privs and without corresponding
terminal get 'CAP_SETPCAP violation'... X-files? :)

Greetings

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/18396/_/975474600/