List:       lids-user
Subject:    [lids] Re: What hardware will lids run on? What experience?
From:       Biondi Philippe biondi
Date:       2000-03-24 0:30:45

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 lids wrote:

> I'm considering running lids on a DEC Alpha running linux. Has lids been
> written to run on hardware other than Intel?
>
> Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Some tries have been done by Bosko Radivojevic to port LIDS to sparc
architecture. I don't know if it works. I've been given an old
sparc to try to port lids on sparc architecture, but I need my broken
second NIC to work and to find a crossed ethernet cable.

I can have remote access to PowerPC machines (designed to be remotely
rebooted :)), also. But I need more time !

For the alpha port, either you can try to port it yourself, or you can
give me an alpha for testing :)

--
Philippe Biondi
Systems administrator