List:       lids-user
Subject:    [lids] The note for using LIDS.
From:       Xie Hua Gang xhg
Date:       1999-10-30 3:16:33

I am very excited that I meet  Mr . Richard Stallman yesterday in my
mother university . He got a topic speech there for
the GNU/Linux Research Center openning.  I was very lucky to ask the
first question to Richard and was the only
person permitted to take a photo with him.

Ok, back to the LIDS topic.  Since my mail server always shutdown during
22:00-9:00, I can not receive some of the posts
in this maillist ,:-(( . I view the articles in
http://www.egroups.com/list/lids/ . I saw some articles about the
admtools -- lidsadm.

The lidsadm is a tools for the configuration file "/etc/lids.conf" .
Since the configuration file need the inode and dev number, I
change the method from make it by hand to config it by a tools .  So
please enter the "normal mode ( non-security mode with
LILO : security=0 )" and use the lidsadm to configurate the lids
security system. and change the file "lids.conf "'s mode to 000
( chmod 000 lids.conf ) ,and restart your linux  with the security mode
.  After the system starts up , you can  not change
the lids.conf , even you can not view the contect in the lids.conf.

So, If you want to make protected files unreadable to the others ,
chage the mode  to 000 , and nobody can read that because the
root can not chmod the protected files.  This method can expand to  make
files un-execute by everybody with chmod withou
--x--x--x bit.

Just a tip.

--
Name   : Xie Hua Gang (л»ª¸Õ)           | Email  : xhg
Address: National Research Center for    | Phone  : 010-62587953(o),82640131(h)