List:       lids-user
Subject:    [lids] Re: Some notes..
From:       Bosko Radivojevic bole
Date:       1999-10-29 10:16:00

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, nickk wrote:

> And what about the others? A,d,s,S,u flags ?(as in 'chattr' manpage)
> I think 's' and 'S' flags could be important..

OK, maybe to add 'support' for all flags :)

> ??? So can't they be inserted even when system boots up?
> It would be bad as some drivers must be executed as modules
> to work properly, or for using some mod.-only feature
> (ess1688, ppp, dummy net driver)

Yes, they can not be inserted in any way. I dont need any modules for
dedicated network servers with a lot of shell users. I don't need sound
card, video, etc. ppp & dummy net drivers should be compiled into kernel.

With modules, anyone with root access could do a lot of bad things. As I
know, we are making a 'system' where no-one (including root) can do
something bad...

Bole