List:       lids-user
Subject:    Re: [lids-user] Granting permissions to non-protected files
From:       Peter Looyenga <pl () catslair ! org>
Date:       2004-03-13 21:20:09

> This is intented. Because if someone may exploit the code in "toss"
> and then injected "code" into "toss" and then the "code" can write
> to the "/var/spool/ftn" which is not intented.

Indeed, I somehow expected something like that was in order, yet was
caught a little bit offguard.

> :-) Thanks for your activity.

And thank you for all the input you've provided here, I really
appreciate it.

I'll be sure to write up all my findings and experiences on LIDS with
regards to Debian and share them here. Perhaps some of it might be
usefull to others.

Thanks again.

--
Groetjes, Peter