List:       lids-user
Subject:    Re: [lids-user] new problems
From:       Sander Klein <roedie () roedie ! nl>
Date:       2004-02-24 21:54:57

Hey,

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 22:02, m.roberto.d@tiscalinet.it wrote:
> 1- what does you means ACL ( access control list )?
> 	is another name for a boot script in /etc/rc* in which place all my rules ?

ACL is the name for al your rules together. If you setup some rules for
a program then this is called an access control list. Because you
control the access of the programs...

> 2- I have encrypted my /var fs with cryptoapi and, for this reason the encripting \
> script is executed before anyother boot.rc, so : I should   "HAVE" to execute it \
> also before lids.rc ( also 'cuz lids won't find logs to protect ),can I do it or \
> not? and if not what sould I d  to go around this?

Your lids.rc should be executed last in you bootscript. So the script
that mounts you var wil automaticaly run before it.

> 3- well once solved those problem the next will be : I read the FAQ and it sais \
> that processes will not inherit the parent's acl, but in my   case the problem is \
> different may I hide the crypted file which contains /var ( \
> http://www.kerneli.org/howto/node3.php ) without   having problems about mounting \
> it?

I supose you need to give losetup rights to access the encrypted file.
After you have setup the loop device you just use mount to mount the
device. This shouldn't give any problems. As long as the inode of the
encrypted file does not change. I don't think it will change because
only the content of the encrpyted file is changed, not the file itself.

Hope this helps a bit.

Greets,
Sander

---