List:       licq-main
Subject:    Re: [Licq-main] Euro Sign
From:       Jacob Bunk Nielsen <jacob () bunk ! cc>
Date:       2002-06-12 18:59:07

Jacob Bunk Nielsen <jacob@bunk.cc> writes:

> When you are using iso-8859-1 as in the above text, then you can't
> write  ¢ (euro sign), it will show up as  ¤ because those two characters
> are the same, only in different character sets. That's also why this
> message containing both will be sent as utf-8.

Hmmm, it seems I need to fresh up on that Euro-stuff :-(

Here's a euro sign for everyone: € :-)

If I copy it to Licq I get: " $-1ôÌ -A " (with out the "s). So forget
about what I said, I can't send euro signs either, or at least I can't
copy them to Licq, and I can't type one on my keyboard, I just get the
 ¢ I posted earlier.

--
Jacob