List:       licq-devel
Subject:    Re: [Licq-devel] I think I found the problem
From:       Juan Carlos Castro y Castro <jcastro () appi ! com ! br>
Date:       2001-01-11 19:28:52

Per Lejontand wrote:

> > *** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lXss.
> > *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> > *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> > *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
> >
> > *** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
> > *** dependencies of module licq_gnome_gui.  Therefore, libtool will create
> > *** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
> > *** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.
>
> Since we have yet to fix a compile-time flag for this. In config.h undef
> USE_SCRNSAVER, in src/Makefile remove -lXss (XSS_LIBS). This is strange tho
> since on my debian system i also only have a static version of libXss and i get
> a shared version of the library. I an no libtool wiz, but something is going
> down here :)

Done, and it finally works. I even managed to make SSL connections with Pollywog.
But the problem is there -- it will not make a shared library out of a libXss.a.
Plus, it seems libXss.so is nowhere to be found (should be part of XFree86-devel
but it isn't).

Juan

--
Punctuation is your friend embrace it