List:       licq-devel
Subject:    Re: [Licq-devel] ICQ2000b SMS function
From:       Roie Marianer <roie_m () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2000-10-28 19:54:46

>On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 12:48:28AM +0200, Bjarni Norddahl wrote:
>> I'm new to this list. Mostly I'm interrested in ICQ2000b's new
>> SMS function.  I was wondering if anyone knows a way to send
>> through this SMS function with or without LICQ in any way? Or if
>> anyone is working on debugging the method and/or protocol that
>> is used for the SMS function?
>I suggest searching for SMS on freshmeat and sourceforge (or maybe
>some clever Google query), I think I've seen several projects
>concerning this.
I think whatever ICQ2000b uses for SMS would be better than a hack with
a Web gateway, for two reasons:
a. Using a Web gateway depends on that gateway's existance, the other
way the program only depends on ICQ (Not that that's been extremely
relyable in the past, but...)
b. More importantly, SMS's sent with ICQ2000b can be replyed to directly
from the cellphone.

My $.02, Roie