List:       licq-devel
Subject:    Re: [Licq-devel] cvs compiled but won't start 3/15/2000
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-03-17 8:21:07

On Mit, 15 Mär 2000, Pollywog wrote:

> make clean

sigh. how often did I tell you already that this is unnecessary? we use
automake - that means sourcefile dependencies are automatically tracked. the
only problem we have is that autoconf changes are not always taken over into
the makefiles (the well-known "make; make" problem).

 > make -f Makefile.cvs
> ./configure
> make
>
> for both the licq binary and the qt plugin

better use

rm config.cache
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure
make

but _only_ when you experience problems. otherwise just use "make".

Dirk