List:       licq-devel
Subject:    Re: [Licq-devel] Latest CVS and Visibilty Issues
From:       Martin <licq () it4linux ! de>
Date:       2005-09-12 16:08:31

Hello wwp , hello list ;-)

wwp wrote:

>Hello Martin,
>
>On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:34:22 +0200 Martin <licq@it4linux.de> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>(in)visibility seem to be fixed ...
>>
>>but if you put someone on the visibile AND the invisible list the resulting
>>state seem to be the list where the person was added last.
>>
>>but I think this is only an GUI issue
>>

>[snip]
>
>I'm not sure that it's (only/even) a GUI issue. Let's imagine that the
>protocol allows this, so what to expect? What you encounter would then seem
>reasonable or logical or.. arbitrary :-).

OK ... it IS possible to put someone on both lists ...
as stated before the resulting state depends on the order, it you
remove the person after that from one list, the resulting state is the
other list's state ...

I would personally prefer to set it "exclusive or" , but that's only my
opinion,
as  I think that it is not possible  to give the invisible list a
precedence.

Regards
Martin