List:       licq-devel
Subject:    Re: [Licq-devel] messagewindow omnipresent...
From:       Matthias Hensler <lists () wspse ! de>
Date:       2005-09-09 7:30:19

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 11:18:22PM +0200, Samuel Blomqvist wrote:
> Is it just me or have the messagewindow started to be omnipresent if
> opened with a message? If I open one to write a message it is not...

OK, let me add, that I have exactly the same problem for a couple of
months now.

The problem occured when I updated from 1.3.0 to a CVS-version,
unfortunately I cannot tell exactly, but maybe it was at the end of the
first quarter of this year.

I am also using WindowMaker (version 0.92 at the moment, but the problem
occured with an older one too).

Changing any options about window and message handling in Licq does not
change this behaviour.

It is always the same. If there is no chat window open and I click on a
contact which has no unread messages, the chat window opens and is _not_
omnipresent. If I do the same for a contact with unread messages, the
newly opened chat window is omnipresent.

I use tabbed chatting, but clicking on a contact with or without unread
messages, while already have a window open, will not change the status
of the window. So the problem occurs only when opening a new window for
a contact with unread messages.

I have not thought about that for a long time now, since I am now used
to click on a message, then right click on my window and choose to
disable the omnipresent flag :)
However, as it seems I am not the only one with this, and it is not an
intended behaviour, I would like to have that fixed.

To be a bit helpful for tracking this down:
- the bug occured while updating from one Licq version to another, I
  believe early this year.
- I remember that I switched to the older version one time, and the bug
  did not occur, so it does not seem to be configurable in the Licq
  option dialog
- the problem occured with at least two different WindowMaker versions
  and does not seem caused by any special setting, in fact I have not
  seen any program so far which opens omnipresent windows.

Regards,
Matthias