List:       licq-devel
Subject:    Re: [Licq-devel] Feature question or request:
From:       Mark Richards <m.richards () utoronto ! ca>
Date:       2005-02-16 20:09:42

wwp wrote:

>> Also it seems none of my contacts can see me as online even
>>though I'm not invisible (I try switching in and out of invisible
>>mode).  For icq contacts I'm seen as offline but they can msg me, for
>>AIM contacts they get an error message when they try to msg me (the
>>message says i'm offline and didn't get the message they sent... even
>>though I do get the message).
>>

>I also face visiblity problems (ICQ). People don't see me online if I'm
>online+invisible (even if I am visible for them) but they can message me. To
>workaround this, I have to go visible, go offline, go online, and eventually
>go invisible. People then see me correctly (IOW: online in invisible mode and
>visible for them), but this may not last for more than a few minutes.

The problem is that I show up as offline whether I'm invisible or not.
I start Licq, and it logs in automatically (to ICQ... still no
auto-login for MSN :( ).  From that moment, no matter whether I select
invisible or not, I show up as offline to all my ICQ and AIM contacts.
Furthermore, my AIM contacts are shown an error message when they try to
send me a message; their (AOL) AIM client tells them that I didn't
receive the message because I'm offline.  Except that I'm not offline
and I DID recieve the message.  This was actually happening to me
yesterday, before I updated my Licq to the latest CVS.

Mark