List:       licq-devel
Subject:    [Licq-devel] Last CVS Snapshot (20041201): bug report
From:       fraga () abusar ! org (Dâniel Fraga)
Date:       2004-11-30 20:46:36

	I'm testing the last cvs snapshot (20041201) and I detected the
following problems:

Obs.: Linux 2.6.9, qt 3.3.3, gcc 3.4.3 (-O2 -march=k6-2)...

1) as I use *static* openssl library, I had to include the following in
icqd.cpp:

#include <openssl/md5.h>

void _dummy(void) {
MD5(0,0,0);
}

	so msn plugin can be loaded, otherwise it complains about undefined
symbol md5. I bet that using shared openssl library it doesn't happen,
right?

2) I compiled Licq daemon and qt plugin, but got the following:

18:04:15: [ERR] Unable to load plugin (qt-gui):
/usr/local/lib/licq/licq_qt-gui.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN15UserEventCommon15FindUserInConvoEPc.

	So, as I'm not a C++ programmer, I replaced the line 545 of
usereventdlg.cpp:

inline bool UserEventCommon::FindUserInConvo(char *szId)

	with

bool UserEventCommon::FindUserInConvo(char *szId)

	(I just removed the "inline"). And it works. Does it make sense?
Any hints?

3) msn plugin has a problem with auto-away. If I choose:

Options -> Status -> Startup (Auto Logon: [x] invisible)

	when Licq goes do away status, it changes to invisible too.

	It *only* happens when using MSN plugin.

4) MSN duplicate messages

	This is interesting and I don't know if it's related to item 2
(removing inline word -- remember I'm just an user): if someone sends
me a MSN message, I receive it duplicated or the messages arrives 3, 4
times repeated. However, if I keep the dialog window opened, I don't
receive any duplicated messages, which is the correct behaviour.

5) MSN UTF-8

	It seems some users use UTF-8 as the charset and even when I select
UTF-8 in the options it doesn't decode correctly. Instead of "endereço"
it shows "endereço". Instead of "será" it shows "será" (these're
portuguese words).

	Thank you very much.

--
http://Processo.tk (1099 dias)