List:       licq-devel
Subject:    [Licq-devel] Localization issue. Also owner.Licq issue.
From:       martin.weissenborn () t-online ! de (Martin =?iso-8859-1?Q?Wei=DFenborn?=)
Date:       2004-11-25 21:52:13

Hello,

using Qt-3.3.3, Licq 1.3.0 I have found the following:

In the Options tab Default Encoding seems to stick to environmental
localization via LANG=[X], where LC* are unset. If [X] is POSIX,
tweaking the default encoding, e.g. to ISO 8859-15 to send euro currency
symbol, is silently discarded. While X provides keysym mapping and
helvetica the symbol, Licq, while delivering from input prompt to sent
field, loses track and displays e.g. `?' afterwards, which is received
by remote client, too. If [X] is e.g. de_DE@euro predefined System
default encoding works as expected.

Another issue is (with me) prohibiting Licq's password prompt. As it
seems one has to enter and store it, to have to erase it afterwards to
accomplish this. If one erases in owner.Licq the Password-line to
`Password=' and not to `Password= ', as it is done by Security Options,
Licq gets confused and grabs an arbitrary string found afterwards.

Kind regards,
Martin Weißenborn