List:       licq-devel
Subject:    [Licq-devel] AutoSendThroughServer problem
From:       MULLER Miklos <mmuller () lbcons ! net>
Date:       2003-01-30 12:21:59

Hello licq developers,

Recently i installed suse linux 8.1 with licq version 1.2.0/SLL
using the Qt GUI plugin version 1.2.0, compiled on Oct 16 2002.

I ran into the following problem:

I tried to set AutoSendThroughServer to 1, as most of my contacts
are behind a firewall.

The next time I started ICQ (i start with offline status), I tried
to send a message to one of my contacts. And now comes the interesting
part:

If I accidentally try to send a message without going online, the
"Send through server" option is checked as expected. Then I fail to
send as expected (as I'm still offline). Then I close the conversation
window, set my status to online, try to send a message to the same
contact, and.... whooops, the "Send through server" option is
unchecked. I go back Then I close the conversation window, set my
status to offline, try to send a message to the same contact, and...
the "Send through server" option is back in its checked state.

Any comments on this?

Cheers: Miklos