List:       licq-devel
Subject:    [Licq-devel] some thoughts
From:       Aner Gusic <aner () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2002-03-25 1:45:17

Hi!

I realize you have a lot to do, but I thought that if i suggested this
now - maybe it would be done some time in the future.

On "misc modes" for each user it would be nice to have an option that
allows only direct messages to that user (something like "never send
through server").

It would help a lot in my daily use of licq since new versions insist
on sending messages through server despite the fact that I try to send
to another licq and not to a windows client.

It's particularely annoying when "send through server"-button is
checked and I have established secure channel.  Then I get an extra
popup if I forget to uncheck the "send through server" option.

Another thing that is annoying is that licq freezes ~20 times/day
(2-3s intervalls) and eats all available CPU during that time.  I
suppose this bug has already been reaported.

Third thing is actually a complaint on this mailing list.  I sent two
letters before this one, before I understood why they bounced.  I sent
mail from my home computer with modifyed From-field so mail can be
returned correctly to me.  However, "licq-list" tried to connect to
port 25 on my computer and since I only allow connections from my
standard SMTP-server, this connection was refused.

I suppose this is some kind of spam protection, but I hope it can be
implemented in some different way, allowing me to send mail to the
list without having to go around the problem by sending mail from
another computer.

Well, that's it I guess.

Regards,

--