List:       libvirt-users
Subject:    [libvirt-users] libvirt blkiotune mechanism
From:       Maksym Isaiev <m.isaiev () kwebbl ! com>
Date:       2019-05-30 9:49:46

Hello!

We are using oVirt in our infrastructure, which uses libvirt as backend. Last time we \
needed to activate storage QoS aka  libvirt blkiotune parameters. So some questions \
appeared about how libvirt limitation mechanism works:

1. What happened to overlimit storage traffic in small time period after we apply \
blkiotune parameters on high loaded virtual machine on fly: a) All over-limit traffic \
pulled into some queue, where all disk transactions can be successfully finished with \
QoS throughput? b) All over-limitation data dropped and opened transactions state \
became failed? c) All active transactions finishes on speed beyond blkiotune \
parameters limit, but all new transactions immediately are limited based on \
configured limits?

Thanks in advance!