List:       libusb-devel
Subject:    Re: [libusb] double enumeration on hotplug, but only for darwin?
From:       Tim Roberts <timr () probo ! com>
Date:       2023-08-14 16:56:13

--===============0367241038705924057==
micalg=sha-256; boundary="------------ms010604010306030106080208"

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

Richard Hughes wrote:
> so 14:f is the device at enumerate, then I issue the "reboot into
> bootloader" command, which causes 14:f to be removed, 14:10 to be
> added (seemingly with the *old* runtime string descriptors, then 14:10
> is removed, and 14:12 is added (with the correct bootloader string
> descriptors). On other operating systems I just see the original
> device removed, and the bootloader then added.

I grant that this is unusual, but what's the problem?  The net effect is
that you end up in bootloader mode, just like you expect.  Right?  Is
there a downside to this behavior?

--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]