List:       libusb-devel
Subject:    Re: [libusb] Two libusb devices for a single physical device
From:       Chris Dickens <christopher.a.dickens () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-02-23 1:14:09

Hi Jeff,

It should only appear with composite devices on Windows 8 and later.
Microsoft changed the enumeration ordering when using SetupAPI with an
enumerator string. This change results in composite interfaces
appearing before the composite parent device, and apparently the
DeviceIoControl() calls to obtain connection information and
descriptors work just fine on the first interface of a composite
device. This in turn leads libusb to think it has found two distinct
devices.

Regards,
Chris