List:       libusb-devel
Subject:    Re: [libusb] [Libusbx-devel] 3 warnings in git master from Xcode
From:       "Sean McBride" <sean () rogue-research ! com>
Date:       2014-05-21 14:30:58

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:47:57 +0000, Nathan Hjelm said:

> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0> (3) core.c:1163:7: Use of memory after =
it is freed
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0> =

>I can't get scan-build to give me the the first one but I do get the
>second one. The second one is an interesting flow and will take some
>thought to see if it identifies a real issue or not. clang assumes that
>the call to libusb_unref_device in=A0discovered_devs_free=A0will result in=
>call to free on a device that is being returned. I am not convinced that
>can ever be the case.
>=A0
>Hmm, looking closer there might be a race condition in here. In the case
>that we have hotplug the device could get released between the
>generation of the discovered devices array and the call to reference the
>device. If this is a race then the window is very small.

Hey Nathan,

Every time there's a new rc, I rerun the clang static analyzer... this "use=
 of memory after it is freed" warning in core.c is still there in 1.0.19rc1=
, so I'm back to pester you about it. :)

(I wonder is Coverity Scan gives the same warning...)

Cheers,

-- =

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean@rogue-research.com
Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com =

Mac Software Developer              Montr=E9al, Qu=E9bec, Canada

---
Get unparalleled scalability from the best Selenium testing platform availa=
ble
http://p.sf.net/sfu/SauceLabs