List:       libusb-devel
Subject:    Re: [libusb] use LIBUSB_REQUEST_SET_ADDRESS
From:       Tim Roberts <timr () probo ! com>
Date:       2013-09-30 17:26:29

steve tsai wrote:

> we used   libusb_control_transfer  to set LIBUSB_REQUEST_SET_ADDRESS,
> but just get LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE error.
>
> Here is the function. Does anyone know how to set address?
>
>  r=libusb_control_transfer(handle,
>               LIBUSB_REQUEST_TYPE_STANDARD | LIBUSB_RECIPIENT_DEVICE,
>                                    LIBUSB_REQUEST_SET_ADDRESS  ,

I am curious to know what you expected this to do.

A device's address is set as soon as it is noticed on the bus, even
before it's descriptors get enumerated.  It's all handled LONG before
the device is made available to applications.  Like several of the
standard requests, that constant is in the include file for
completeness.  Applications will not use it.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.