List:       libusb-devel
Subject:    Re: [Libusb-devel] HID APIs
From:       Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-29 23:56:53

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Peter Stuge <peter@stuge.se> wrote:

>> (An example of this is Xiaofan's point about bulk transfers.)
>
> The transfer type restriction is inherent to HID, so only interrupt
> would be relevant. But transfers are not the only things that libusb
> offers, and everything must work, or nothing.

I guess if your argument is true, then we do not need to
have the Windows backend. As Pete mentioned, even
WinUSB has quite some limitations. libusb0.sys will
be the closest thing but even it will have some limitations.

"everything must work, or nothing" is never a good argument.
Be more practical...

--
Xiaofan