List:       libusb-devel
Subject:    Re: [Libusb-devel] "HID vendor request" question
From:       Tim Roberts <timr () probo ! com>
Date:       2010-12-29 17:50:25

Tyler W. Wilson wrote:
> Here is the lsusb -vvv dump for the device (I removed the product
> strings, and am using a SiLabs C8051F320 processor). Note I am running
> Ubuntu Linux 10.0 on VirtualBox 4.0 on Windows 7 x64, though I do not
> think that matters.

We need to get this conversation back on track.  You posted this as a
"HID vendor request" question, and you've tended to focus on that
aspect, but you don't actually have a vendor request issue at all.
That's just something you latched onto out of desperation.

The problem you have is that two of your report requests (NOT vendor
requests) are failing with "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)".  In
Windows, that maps to a driver returning ERROR_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR, which
is a rather generic error.  Are you 100% confident that your device is
not issuing a stall in response to those requests?  That's the first
place I would look.  Do you have a USB bus monitor?  If not, you should
be able to use the "usbmon" facilities in the Linux kernel to watch the
traffic and see what is happening at a lower level.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.