List:       libusb-devel
Subject:    Re: [Libusb-devel] Error -38 and -16 on using
From:       Tim Roberts <timr () probo ! com>
Date:       2010-12-29 17:40:36

bahareh rostamiyan wrote:

> I'm using libusb-0.1.12 on my Redhat 7.2 (kernel: 2.4.7-10);

There is no way around it -- you will never achieve USB success on this
system.  It is an antique.  This operating system is older than Windows
XP.  The USB stack was one of the more dynamic sections of the Linux
kernel during that period, and you are missing all of those
improvements.  You need to upgrade.

> When I use "usb_detach_kernel_driver_np" in my program, it returns
> "ENOSYS" error that
> means, Function not implemented!
> And when I use "usb_claim_interface" function, it returns "EBUSY"
> error that means,
> Device or resource busy.
> (Where I don't have such problems on fedora!)

Of course not, because Fedora is 40 or 50 major releases newer than that.

> I've searched the web for that and I found that because the
> "usb_detach_kernel_driver_np" is not implemented,
> I should add "kernel module" into "/etc/hotplug/blacklist" file to
> ingnore it OR use "rmmod" command.
>
> but I don't know what would be the "kernel module"?!

The module that was assigned is determined by the kind of device it is.
What kind of device is it?

> Or is there an alternative way to solve this problem?

The way to solve this problem is to use a more reliable kernel.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.