List:       libusb-devel
Subject:    Re: [Libusb-devel] [win] autoclaim interface for faking
From:       Pete Batard <pbatard () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-24 20:18:32

All,

I have now added auto-release to the Windows backend, and left
auto-claim enabled by default, since I am under the impression that the
majority here (myself included) sees more benefits in leaving autoclaim
in (as long as we have auto-release).

This was a bit more tricky than anticipated, as concurrency needs to be
factored it (making sure that if thread A and B are doing async control
requests on the same interface, we don't auto-release the interface
until both threads are done), and to keep things simple in the code, I
chose to apply auto-claim and auto-release on all control requests
rather than just set-config.

Again, since the first release is meant to be experimental and generate
feedback as to what works and what doesn't, I don't see the use of
autoclaim in the first release as that much of an issue, even if we have
to tweak it in subsequent release.

Regards,

/Pete