List:       libusb-devel
Subject:    Re: [Libusb-devel] Compiling libusb-pbatard
From:       Pete Batard <pbatard () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-21 22:44:37

On 2010.05.21 21:53, Joseph wrote:
> /bin/m4: unrecognized option '--gnu'
> try '/bin/m4 --help' for more information.
> autom4te-2.64: /bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
> aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Maybe you're using the m4.exe from MinGW rather than the one from msys
(MinGW and MSYS can provide incompatible packages of the same utilities,
like 'make' for instance, which is a a bit confusing)

I don't seem to have an issue with the m4 package from
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/sourceforge/m/project/mi/mingw/MSYS%20m4/m4-1.4.13-1/
so you can try that one and see if it works better.

> In the instructions there is a note about being able to get the
> configuration script from the package.  Does anyone have a working
> configuration file that might work for me :-)  I am using Windows XP sp3.

You can try this one:
http://libusb-winusb-wip.googlecode.com/files/configure.7z

Regards,

/Pete