List:       libssh2-devel
Subject:    Re: [libssh2] libssh2 install fails on AIX 5.3
From:       Simon Josefsson <simon () josefsson ! org>
Date:       2008-12-17 16:30:38

"David M. Funk" <mfunk@trinitysol.net> writes:

> I am getting an error when I try to install libssh2-0.18 on my aix server.
> Anybody run into this?  Any help will be much appreciated.
>
> I run ./configure and that works ok.  But when I run "make" I get this
> error:
>
> root@aix1/usr/opt/perl5/mods/libssh2-0.18-->
>         /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link cc -qlanglvl=extc89  -g
> -I/usr/local/ssl/include   -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lcrypto -o libssh2.la
> -rpath /usr/local/lib -version-info 1:0:0 -no-undefined  channel.lo comp.lo
> crypt.lo hostkey.lo kex.lo  mac.lo misc.lo packet.lo publickey.lo scp.lo
> session.lo  sftp.lo userauth.lo pem.lo transport.lo   openssl.lo

-lcrypto is present, but not -lssl, which is the problem.

> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .RAND_bytes

Thus the libssl.so symbols are not present, and it fails.

I believe this problem is fixed in CVS, so please try a daily snapshot:

http://daily.josefsson.org/libssh2/

Alternatively, add -lssl manually to the command that fails, in the src/
directory.

/Simon