List:       libreoffice
Subject:    =?utf-8?Q?Re=3A_How_do_I_open/populate_a_Writer_=E2=80=9Cmaster_?= =?utf-8?Q?document=E2=80=9D_progr
From:       Jens_Tröger <jens.troeger () light-speed ! de>
Date:       2018-03-26 22:01:58

> On Mar 26, 2018, at 21:32, Caolán McNamara <caolanm@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > This email is a repost of the same question to the AOO forums: in
> > short, I'd like to open a Writer "Master Document" programmatically,
> > and then load multiple files into that document to iterate over all
> > of their contents. I haven't quite figured out how to open that
> > Master Document though: is it a predefined URL argument to
> > loadComponentFromURL() like e.g. private:factory/swriter?
>
> private:factory/swriter/GlobalDocument should do it I think

Thank you Caolán, that worked.

However, when I tried to load and concatenate multiple documents into that "Master \
Document" using loadComponentFromURL() it didn't quite work. Using "_default" as the \
target frame name created several new documents, "_self" and "_top" had no effect, \
and "_parent" seemed to load a document into that Master Document but then was \
replaced—not appended—by the next load.

What I'm trying to achieve is:

   • open a Master Document; then
   • load multiple documents into it, one following the next, essentially \
_concatenating_ multiple documents; then  • iterate over the Master Document's \
content as if it were a single document.

Cheers,
Jens

--
Jens Tröger