List:       libftdi
Subject:    How to do this with libftdi ?
From:       Rui Barreiros <rui.barreiros () audioluz ! net>
Date:       2011-04-21 16:53:54

Hi there,

I'm trying to implement this original source code from FTDI D2XX lib in
libftdi with no success, could anyone give me a pointer on how can I do
this ?

      // set RS485 for receive
     FT_W32_EscapeCommFunction(ftHandle,SETRTS);

     FTTIMEOUTS ftTS;
     ftTS.ReadIntervalTimeout = 0;
     ftTS.ReadTotalTimeoutMultiplier = 0;
     ftTS.ReadTotalTimeoutConstant = 1000;
     ftTS.WriteTotalTimeoutMultiplier = 0;
     ftTS.WriteTotalTimeoutConstant = 200;
     FT_W32_SetCommTimeouts(ftHandle,&ftTS);

     DWORD dwMask = EV_ERR;
     FT_W32_SetCommMask(ftHandle,dwMask);
     DWORD dwEvents;

     while (!Terminated) {

         FT_W32_WaitCommEvent(ftHandle, &dwEvents, NULL);

         FT_W32_ClearCommError(ftHandle, &dwErrors, (FTCOMSTAT *)&newCS);

         if (dwErrors != dwOldErrors) {
             bChanged = true;
             dwOldErrors = dwErrors;
         }

         if (bChanged) {
             if ((dwErrors & CE_BREAK) || (dwErrors & CE_FRAME)) {
                 FT_W32_ReadFile(ftHandle, &temp_StartCode, 1,
&bytesWritten, NULL);
                 FT_W32_ReadFile(ftHandle, temp_DMXData, 512,
&bytesWritten, NULL);
                 Synchronize(UpdateScreen);
             }
         }
         FT_W32_PurgeComm(ftHandle,FT_PURGE_TX | FT_PURGE_RX);

     }

Basically my biggest issue is how to detect the line status error in
libftdi.

Best regards,

--
Rui Barreiros
Audioluz - Sérgio Bandeira Unipessoal Lda