List:       lenya-user
Subject:    Fwd: [iks-community] [IKS] Benchmark Exercise - Call for Participation
From:       Florent_André <florent.andre-dev () 4sengines ! com>
Date:       2009-10-14 11:48:41

Hi all,

The IKS (Interactive Knowledge Stack) project is an European founded
project that want to identify and developing open source solution for the
information and knowledge society (more information [1]).

The forwarded mail is about a "benchmark run" [3] to evaluate CMS
capabilities regarding to the IKS requirement [2].

They identify some "task" and in each task functionalities that would
provide a "IKS compliant CMS".
Here a list of this tasks :
    *  Semantic Search
    * Content Creation and Presentation Service
    * Workflow Service
    * Multi-channel Publishing Service
    * Product Configuration Service
    * Event Distribution Service
    * Customer Relationship Management Service (Personalization Service)
(For details see [3])

I don't know if Lenya community can "officially" run this benchmark
(personally I think it could be great), However a study of this documents
could gave a good idea about the situation of Lenya regarding to the future
of KMS (Knowledge Management System) and give some developing idea...

What is you position / idea / suggestion about this benchmark ?

<map:match type="Regards">

++

[1]
* Official web site http://www.iks-project.eu/
* wiki : http://wiki.iks-project.eu/index.php/Main_Page
* List of user stories : http://wiki.iks-project.eu/index.php/User-stories
[2]
* description of the benchmark spirit and goals, see page 5 for a
comparison beetween IKS and LAMP/J2EE stack :
**
http://www.iks-project.eu/sites/www.iks-project.eu/files/iks_d11_design_benchmark_experiment_V12_20090805.pdf
 [3]
* (http://wiki.iks-project.eu/index.php/Benchmarks)